VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND TRAINING
Become a Role Model
Each YMCA across the nation is volunteer founded, volunteer led and volunteer based. Collectively, Ys are the largest not-for-prot organizations in the nation and benefit from the leadership of more than 600,000 volunteers.
The Missoula Y Youth Sports Department is no different. Each year we have over 600 volunteers whose responsibility ranges from being a head coach to coordinating practice times and officiating. See more about coaching opportunities for soccer, basketball, and volleyball. We also have volunteer positions available to assist with Special Olympics training. Special events like the annual Riverbank Run and Healthy Kids Day also rely on volunteers to make them a success. To maintain a safe environment for all Y participants, we take federal background checks of all staff and volunteers.
Volunteering at the Missoula Y can accomplish the following:
• Make a difference in our community
• Support a cause you believe in
• Put your skills and experience to work
• Learn new skills
• Make new friends and develop professional relationships
• Combat social isolation and reduce stress
• Build confidence
YMCA Youth Sports E-Learning:
Y-USA has created a series of courses for all coaches, referees, and parents involved in Youth Sports. These courses provide information on the philosophy of Youth Sports at the Y. These courses are intended to educate and be helpful tools for all families.
• YMCA Youth Sports Programs
• Safety and Emergency Action
• Volunteers Make the Team
• CDC’s Concussions in Youth Sports
• Coaching YMCA Youth Sports
• Coaching YMCA Basketball
• Officiating YMCA Youth Sports
• Coaching YMCA Soccer
• A Parent’s Role in Youth Sports